Essay writing is a lot easier than writing a formal article like this one because it’s basically a loose collection of thoughts that’s almost themed in a stream of consciousness manner. It doesn’t necessarily have to be orderly or structured since it’s an indigested piece of your mind imprinted on paper or typed up on a computer. If you’re having trouble writing an essay, you can acquire help from custom essay templates online if it’s allowed. However, once you master how to write an essay, you’d find it to be the most satisfying of repasts, like an after-dinner monologue from a well-informed and interesting man. The function of writing is to communicate and to titillate the mind. In order to make an interesting essay, you should turn it into a conversation between yourself and what you know.
Don’t Be Intimidated by Essays
* You shouldn’t be intimidated by essays as long as you’re able to stick to the topic and articulate your understanding of what you’ve learned. You’re graded in accordance to how well you’ve understood your teacher’s teachings or the papers you’ve read and studied. Grammar, punctuation, and spelling are also graded. Some topics are even open to interpretation, so you’re graded by how convincing your explanation or argument is.
* Then again, because of the subjective nature of essays, you should take care not to go overboard with them. Watch out for grammatical errors or garden-path sentences that lead to nowhere. Only use sentence fragments for emphasis. Work within these boundaries and you can make your essay as satirical, whimsical, or serious as you wish. You’re being graded by grammar, articulation, and the subjective persuasiveness of your argument.
* Establish the mood of your essay and make sure it’s all on your perspective. You’re not writing a thesis paper with references and quotes so as to avoid plagiarism; you’re making an essay in accordance to what you know. Also, don’t plagiarize. Feel free to paraphrase the quote but make sure you’re quoting the spirit of the quote you’re remembering. Then again, it’s tough to make quotes at all since essays aren’t usually written open book.
When it comes to writing an essay, not all students are happy of creating one simply because they can hardly focus on the topic and will even take hours to finish the essay. This is not a simple thing that you can just set aside because if you do came up with a poor quality essay then it is expected that you will also get a lower grade that can disappoint your parents. This is also a big problem for students who would want to graduate with honors.
Useful Tips that You Can Apply When Writing an Essay
Writing a good essay is never an easy thing especially if you are a type of person who is not fond of writing. You need to make an extra effort to educate yourself on how to write an essay if you don’t want to have the lowest grade in class. Here are some tips that you should follow in order to come up with an excellent result.
* Know the different types of essay so you can create the right structure that you would want without losing your focus.
* Research about the topic so you will have sufficient amount of idea that you can include in the essay. The more information you can give, the more they will enjoy reading the essay.
* You have to be aware of the different formats that you can use for the essay. This can prevent you from committing errors.
For people who are not yet confident enough that they can create a good essay, it would be better for them to acquire a paper writing service. Though you will have to pay for the service, you can save time and effort while having the peace of mind you need that you will pass a good essay to your teacher.
Writing is an expression of ideas. What you write is definitely what is in your mind. In fact, it can seriously influence the behaviors of others toward something or to a certain subject. All of us can write but others are afraid to bring out what is in their mind. That is a barrier that blocks the ideas of others to come out.
How to Gain Confidence in Writing
Gaining confidence is not an easy thing. It can be likened to a kid who wants to learn how to swim but is afraid of the water. On the other hand, the eagerness of the kid will motivate him to still learn swimming despite his fear of the water. The same is true with writing. The eagerness of the person will motivate him to write despite the fact that he is afraid.
How Can You Face the Fear
Mind setting is one of the best armor to combat your fear in bringing out your ideas. “I am really afraid to write before,” says James, “but when I strive to do my essay every time, and still continue to do it, I gained strength until I get used to it.”
Continues effort in writing will definitely help you to gain confidence in writing. There’s no harm in trying. If in the future you will receive criticisms, take it in a constructive way. Hold on to your writing. Express your ideas. Who knows? Your writing has already influenced others. You can build up. You can tear down. But whatever happens, continue writing until it becomes a normal activity within your mind.